Monday, December 5, 2011

The beginning.....


I am 42 years old and am a self taught chef (pretty much).  I have started a few food business’ in the DC Metro area- both successful and not so much.  For the past 6 months I have been on the verge of giving up.   I have become uninspired and downright lazy. 

I read various blogs and check stuff out online but it often leaves me more anxious then when I start.  My ingredients don’t come out of the grocery bags looking amazing like they do on some food blogs I see and to be honest just looking at those pictures stresses me out the way fashion magazines play on women’s insecurities.  My family suggests that I write a book, a cookbook, etc.  The cookbook…. Well, I certainly could but I believe you need a theme and right now I just don’t see one.  (In case you didn’t notice yet I am perfectly awesome at throwing up road blocks and walls.)  But I will say this, I have a lot of ideas and I think I just need some sort of clarity and path.  Maybe putting down my recipes/ ideas/ stories in cyberspace is just what will help me with said clarity and I am ready to give it a whirl.

So this will be a documentation of all the things I cook, some good, some great… and I may even throw in a video here or there.  

Welcome to my world of food, hang on for the ride!

3 comments:

  1. Great! share recipes that use the real food that 'the rest of us' buy at that same sort of grocery store!!
    Nancy in NH

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Nancy L. sent me the link to your new blog. It looks like you're off to a great start! Have you checked out Orangette (orangette.blogspot.com)? It's a fav of mine. That girl can write! I also like Pioneer Woman Cooks and Chocolate & Zucchini. Lots of inspiring dishes to peruse. Best of luck with your new blog! Susan.

    ReplyDelete