Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Holidays


I know I said I would be inspired everyday and write a little bit….. but the holidays hit as they always do- not enough done ahead of time, work, family, events etc.  We are all in the same boat!  Years ago I baked a LOT of cookies every Christmas, now I am lucky if I get one batch done!  I start out with the best intentions…..  but like everything else I grab those few minutes of staring at the Christmas tree and thinking about wrapping up the year and beginning anew when I can.  Usually that means on the couch with one of these…



This is my small recap of the holidays this year.  I did bake a couple of cookies but I am ashamed to admit they were from a box!  All in all they worked out- pretty, festive and yummy.  I made one batch of from scratch dough that they kids cut out, baked and decorated on Christmas Eve for Santa. 


I do love Christmas, it was such a magical time in my childhood and I hope I have made it that way for the girls!  This year was the first time I really saw them as getting older, wanting the old traditions but really moving onward in their lives.  Amazing to watch.



2011 went out like a lion and 2012 came in like a lamb- quiet and full of new promises.  Dim Sum on New Years Eve and Pulling out all the stops on New Years Day to ensure some good fortune and luck- Black Eyed Peas, Lentil Soup, Long Noodles, a few shavings of my own gift: a Perigord Black Truffle and of course a bottle of Veuve Cliquot.  Here is hoping 2011 is a good one for all of us. (keeping my fingers crossed of course)








No comments:

Post a Comment